Monday, November 3, 2008

Baking, Cooking, decorating, Partying and a little working (by me)!!!!

We visited Mark's Pumpkin Patch on a Sunday Afternoon. As you can tell, once again, my husband is not in any pictures. He is picking his crops (peanuts, cotton and squash) and this is a 15 hr a day, 7 day a week job for him until he finishes. After he is done picking, he will focus on paying bills and rent for next year. He will probably spend 4 or 5 days in the office posting charges to each farm and separating bills for each farm. He also has the peanut mill and trucking company that he needs to "catch-up" on paperwork. Bless his heart. I really do feel sorry for him. I don't know how he handles the stress. I will be in the office on my days off trying to help (or getting in the way). He will make his plan for next year and the cycle starts again. I feel like we don't even see him this time of the year and when we do see him, he is so tired that he just wants to rest. Henry does ride with him about 3x per week.
Bella does not look very happy. Neither of them wanted to dress in Halloween garb! I mean, really, get with the seasons! I just gave up.
Henry picked up so many pumpkins. I think we actually purchased 4 or 5 pumpkins. We bought one pumpkin from each of the piles surrounding him. Pushing the wheel-barrow with the pumpkins was interesting. It is kind of like pushing the buggy at the grocery store and everyone wants to help. I think we only dumped the pumpkins onto the ground one time.

Frankenstein. Waited in line 45 minutes for face painting! I could have done that!
Well, maybe not!

Bella was a clown. Did not get her finished look.


Henry and Cal. Best buddies. And yes, he is a true red-head and all boy.

Last year I decorated for the fall festival at my children's' school and I said that I would not do it again. Well guess what, I lied! A friend of mine did help. We both have children the same age and she was elected as my "co-chair" by one of the teachers. She was just thrilled. Anyway, the lunchroom turned out cute. I did not get any pictures of the outside.




HALLOWEEN PARTY.
We attended a Halloween Party on the 19th. Our Hostess, Donna, really enjoys sharing her love of Halloween with others. I felt like I needed to leave her a donation when I left the party. She had everything....Dinner, Hayride, Haunted Houses, Carnival Booths, Desserts and "Cool" Prizes (per Bella and Henry). The Haunted House was awesome. My kids were terrified! The party took a lot of planning and labor on her behalf!

Jeans were a little too low! Peep Show! Oops! One of the Adult Men jumped in to help the boys and I just couldn't take that. I attempted to help the girls; however, I was having clothing difficulty!

Hen trying on a mask that he grabbed in the Haunted House........after all the scary ghost and monsters had left and the lights were turned on.

Hen at donut booth!

Bella eating worms and cool whip! Yum

Henry digging for a prize! It has to be just the right one.

The kids and I enjoyed a night of Baking and Cooking.

Finished Product: Strawberry Choc. Royale

Hen placing cream cheese and strawberry preserves into cake mixture. He is a Pro!

Bella displaying her baking skills.

Henry showing off his Frankenstein Rice Krispie treat that he decorated with sweet baby sitter.


Party, Party, Party..................

Wow, it has been a busy few weeks. Finally, I can relax. I'm sure that all my friends feel the same way. We have attended 4 Halloween Parties and hosted one Halloween Party. Two Fall Festivals in October and we baked or cooked something for each party..excluding one Party. Whew, it was fun, and I'm glad its over. We can concentrate on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My bank account is really taking a hit with all this partying! I can't wait to download some Halloween pictures, but right now my computer is not cooperating with my SD Card. Last week, I went to CVS and downloaded some pictures to a Disc. When I returned home and tried to print, there was not a single picture on the disc. Of course when I called CVS for a little help, the sweet little guy that answered the phone said, "I can't help you ma-am, please call back tomorrow and speak to Tammy". What did I expect? Anyway, I had to go back to CVS and make another disc. I am so glad that I did not erase my memory card. I would have been a little upset.

MOVIE WORTH WATCHING!

The kids and I watched "Journey to the Center of the Earth" this weekend. It was great! Wish we had 3D Glasses. If you purchase the movie, you get 4 pair of glasses. Think I just might buy it! My 8 year old really enjoyed it. We are going to see "Walking with Dinosours" this weekend at the Tallahassee Civic Center. I think my children are a little scared and aren't sure what to expect. Me either! Hopefully, the show will be worth the money that I paid for the tickets!


No comments: