Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pictures with Santa

I've been working on a couple photo card's for Pictures With Santa on Thanksgiving night. I can't decide which one to use. Maybe I'll just print both. Another member of Juniors is working on a design also. She is super creative, so I can't wait to see her sample. Since I am Home Life Chair of Juniors, I am responsible for the Pictures With Santa fundraiser that will benefit the Love Light Foundation at our local hospital. Love Light is a fund that purchases items for our children's wing at the hospital. On Thanksgiving night, many families in our community will go downtown to watch our Christmas Lights being turned on for the first time of the season. I guess you could say it's like a mini-festival. Anyway, myself and many others will be working instead of enjoying the festivities. My children always have a good time. They feel extra special because Mommy knows Santa Claus and she gets to take pictures of him for 2 hours. :) I do enjoy listening to the children tell Santa what they would like for Christmas...........I may get a few pointers. SPEAKING OF CHRISTMAS, LET ME TELL YOU THE SADDEST THING THAT MY DAUGHTER SAID TO ME TONIGHT. SHE SAID, MOMMY THIS BOY IN MY CLASS SAID THERE IS NO SANTA AND THAT THE PARENTS GIVE THE PRESENTS. "IS THAT TRUE?", SAID BELLA! "ABSOLUTELY NOT", I SAID. BELLA WENT ON TO SAY, "NONE OF THE POOR KIDS IN MY CLASS BELIEVE IN SANTA". OMG!!!!! THIS BROKE MY HEART. I'M SURE THE PARENTS HAD TO EXPLAIN TO THEIR CHILDREN WHY SANTA DOESN'T BRING THEM GIFTS. THIS WAS SO SAD. MY DAUGHTER HAS ASKED ME SEVERAL TIMES WHY SANTA DOESN'T GIVE PRESENTS TO ALL CHILDREN. AT TIMES LIKE THIS, I REALLY JUST WANT TO "FESS UP"! It is so sad. This year, some friends and i are hostessing a "Wine and Cheese" Christmas party to benefit children that are in Child Protective Services or Foster Care. Hopefully, we can brighten some child's Christmas. Last year, we could adopt a child at my daughters school. Our child was a little girl and she was a couple of years older than my daughter. I was so worried about Bella identifying the child by the clothes that we bought her for Christmas. If Bella knew who our child was, she never said. Thankfully. Anyway, I urge all of you to help a family this year that may be having a hard time financially or emotionally. A family in our town just lost their 18month old daughter. She drowned this weekend in the family pool. Of course, the family is devastated and are dealing with guilt and the loss of a child. I just cannot imagine.

1 comment:

Muffy said...

That so wonderful that you sponsor a family at Christmas. The message of giving often gets lost in all the glitz and glamour!