Friday, November 7, 2008

Book Fair at School

My children's school is having their Book Fair next week. I stayed in the library all day helping librarian (friend of mine) set-up. She asked me to decorate the Teachers Wish List Board. I warned her that I was not creative and that I was a little OCD when it comes to this type of thing. Two hours later I think she believed me. Anyway, it worked out. They had the cutest and funniest books. I need to limit myself and my children. This morning my daughter asked me if I was going to eat lunch with her and I said, "Of Course". She told me to dress nice! Hello, I have a little common sense. Anyway, I put on my Argyle cardigan with tee shirt underneath and my IT! Capri jeans and topped it off with my palladium slippers. Well, after I completely dressed she took one look at me and said, "You don't have to eat with me today. Just go ahead and eat with my brother"! I know I did not look THAT bad. Hen was proud to have me. I helped his class for one hour and quickly came to the realization that I cannot and would not be a teacher. Teachers are definitely underpaid.

After school the kids and I went to look for a pair of "Sperrys". Bella's are worn out and we have decided to trash them. Of course, she needs a new pair. Doesn't matter that she has 1200 pair of shoes in her closet. A month or so ago, one of our gift shops in town had a small fire in the front window of their building.......some idiots set the hay bales on fire that were in front of the store. Anyway, all items are 50% off. I shopped a little yesterday and today. She has beautiful linen tablecloths, runners and napkins. Tried not to go crazy since I am having dental work done and it is going to cost a small fortune. That's another story. We have a football game tonight; however, we do not have any water in the city. I wonder if this means the concession stand will be closed. My children will elect to stay home if they can't eat piles and piles of junk food at the game.

No comments: