Monday, October 6, 2008

Failing System

Today was high attendance Sunday at church. We exceeded our goal in Sunday School. Yes! It was great. Ate at country club with MIL and 2 SILS and kids. Husbands were all working. It was wild! We have so many small children in our family, it seems like we are always the center of attention. :) I went to Walmart and purchased some groceries for myself and a friend of mine that is a single parent with 2 children. She is an LPN in our office and she is really struggling! I can't stand the thought of her and her children not having decent food to eat. Dropped off the food and Walmart Gift card to her and they were eating Corndog and Romain Noodles. She is the sweetest and most upbeat person that I know. It's very hard to see her struggle. She does have a job and she is supporting others on the system that are not working!!!!!! She cant feed her own kids...What is wrong with this picture. Ticks me off. She can't even get free breakfast or lunches for her kids. that is $20.00 per week that she pays. She only has about $50.00 left over per paycheck (which is every 2 weeks). UGH! Hurts my heart. Anyway, Isabella went with me to my friends and afterwards Bella said, "I'm glad we took the food, and it made me feel good". I almost starting crying AGAIN. Already cried when my friend cried. Anyway.....on a lighter note, today is absolutely beautiful! I just want to stay outside and work in my yards, but gotta go to work. Probably need to be getting ready at this moment. See ya.

No comments: