Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday

Wow, It has been busy. Seems like that sentence is always the first thing out of my mouth.
Below are a couple of recipes that we served last week for MSL. They were awesome. Hope you enjoy.

Chocolate Strawberry Royale (makes 2 dozen)

1- box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil's Food Cake Mix
1- 8 oz. container sour cream
1/2 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
12 teaspoons strawberry preserves
1 package cream cheese (cut into 24 pieces)
cupcake liners

Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan)
place baking cups in regular sized muffin tin (may want to spray the liners with pam)
mix cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and eggs until well blended
divide batter into muffin tins
place one piece of cream cheese on top of each cupcake and press down until it is almost to bottom of batter (batter will kind of build a well around cream cheese)
Spoon about 1/2 tsp of strawberry preserves on top of cream cheese.
bake 16-18 minutes
Garnish with whipped cream and a strawberry (this is optional). they are great without it.


Tomato Basil Pasta Salad

1- 16 oz box Muellers Rotel Corkscrew pasta (can probably use any pasta, we just used this for presentation)
1 container of grape tomatos
1/4 cup fresh basil (one of our members actually had an herb garden and supplied all of the basil) WHATEVER!!!!!
1 bottle Newmans Own parmesan and Roasted Garlic dressing
1 4 oz container Athenos basil and tomato feta cheese

Cook pasta according to directions
cut tomatos in 1/2
chop basil
mix pasta, tomatos, basil, cheese and dressing


ALLERGIES, ALLERGIES, AND MORE ALLERGIES!


I did not give him Zyrtec, because I gave him a cough/decong/antihistamine combination. I was trying not to double dose him and this is what happened. I have no idea what triggered the reaction. Thank goodness for Zyrtec. We could not live without it. Will maybe that's a little drastic, but my poor little man would not look nor feel very good.
Thought I would try and give him combination medication one more time and skip Zyrtec. Okay, really this is it! We HAVE to take our Zyrtec. Brand preferrably.........it taste better!
Kids have Halloween Party tonight. There will be a Haunted House at Party. They are so excited. Hopefully, my son, Henry will be okay. Today he had another local allergic reaction. He had welps all over his face and his eye was swollen, red and itching. Underneath his eye, it immediately filled with fluid! Hopefully, it will go down and we can bypass the prednisone. He had another reaction last week on his back. Poor thing! I've been putting off the allergy shots, because he is already taking so much medication. If i would just go ahead and have him start shots, maybe we could decrease the meds. Got to BITE THE BULLET! My poor daughter was so upset because she was driving the Gator thru the pine trees when he started breaking out. However, he does not have an allergy to Trees.
SHOPPING
Yesterday, My daughter and I spend the day in Tallahassee shopping with my two sister-n-laws and their children and my mother n law. It was wild. Seems like at least one child was crying at all times. We had a 3 year old, and 3 one year olds and my daughter, Isabella, that is eight. They were all screaming for Isabella. I felt a little sorry for her. She did not know which one to go to first. We did not get home until late last night and so we slept in this morning. I have got to finish invitations for our skating halloween party on the 30th. We are within 2 weeks of the party and that is a NO...NO! I have got to decorate tables for my kids fall festival at school. I am going to make it simple on myself and purchase mums and place on tables. I'll probably also take some scarecrows and haybales. A friend of mine is painting a wooden prop/sign to place in Cafeteria. Not only do I have to decorate, but I also have to work two booths for my childrens class and bake a cake. We also have fall festival at church and I have to work a golf tournament. This is all within the next two weeks! Shoot me now! I was going to try and post pics of my children and I baking cupcakes, but my computer is not cooperating. will try later.

No comments: