Monday, October 20, 2008

Over Committed

Do you ever just want to SCREAM! NO ones fault but my own! I've done it to myself. Could not work today for trying to fill my personal commitments.

1. Finish addressing and mail invitations to my children's Halloween Party. 6 Families hostessing the party, so we have too many children! Of course.

2. Gathering information for Breast Cancer Awareness month-October. Went to Oncology and picked up breast model and "breast lump" models for demonstration at tomorrows Juniors meeting. We've had 2 associate members recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer, so I thought (NURSE THINKING) this would be a great opportunity for our members to actually feel a malignant lump/nodule. The Cancer Society previously recommended to do breast exams monthly and to check breast in a circular motion. This is no longer accurate. Now, you are advised to check in an up and down motion, starting with the outer area of breast and going inward. Our physicians were not even aware of this recommendation. Thanks Brian in Oncology!

3. Trying to coordinate decorations for my children's fall festival with another
parent. SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE!

4. My dogs eye is infected. Swollen, red and mattered! I mean really! I do not have a truck. My husband owns about 6 of them! Someone take the dog to the vet. She doesn't smell the greatest, but I guess I'm going to take her to Vet. Not to mention, she ripped open the package that my idiot postman left on my back steps. Ordered Monogram ID Badges from Maggie at DellaMae Designs and the dog ripped open tha package. Thank goodness she did not damage the badges; however, she did leave $15.00 scattered on the lawn. Babysitter and daughter found the money. I know she needs help, but I am a little irritated with her.

5. My aunt has ovarian/peritoneal cancer! She has just started her 3rd round of chemo! I have got to take a meal to her! Hating myself right now and I have got to get my priorities in order!

6. Juniors Golf Tournament on Friday. Trying to help one of the other members/friends with Silent Auction Gifts. Last year, I was on Silent Auction committee and some of my gifts brought a nice sum of money. Such as quail and pheasant hunts. I know it is easier to collect donations if you are actually a customer of business that you would like a donation from. Made a few calls, so hopefully I can help with donations. Really, I would not do this for just anyone. Friend is chair of this committee! Really sweet friend!

7. Had Hysterectomy in February. One ovary left! I really think I need hormones!!!!!

8. Feel like a total slacker mom, so I came home and cooked: Coconut Shrimp, Corn on Cob, Pasta (for husband and I), Mac and Cheese for kids, Honey buttered Rolls. Ask me if the kids really cared? NO. They would rather have Chic Fil A!

Thanks for letting me vent! One more thing, I cannot download pics from my SD Card! Guess I need to call my brother, so he can instruct me on how to fix this problem!

1 comment:

Just Kiddin' Photography said...

I feel the same way! So much going on at once...why does it seem like it was so much easier for our parents?!